+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #211266 +++
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Install scim, scim-bridge, scim-m17n-0.2.1-1.fc7 and m17n-db-arabic
1. Setup Swedish keyboard in scim-setup and restart desktop
2. Switch to Swedish keyboard: run "setxkbmap se"
3. Run "GTK_IM_MODULE=scim gedit"
4. Select the input method 'Arabic (Egypt)'
5. Try the keys to the right of 'P' and 'L' keys.
6. repeat from (3) with GTK_IM_MODULE=scim-bridge
It inputs 'å~öä', which are the Swedish letters for those keys.
It should input the arabic letters for 'k' and some others.
The rest of the qwerty-keys seem to work.
[abridged thread from original bug follows:]
-- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-10-23 23:50 EST --
Adding patch from upstream in scim-m17n-0.2.1-1.fc7.
-- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2006-10-27 02:12 EST --
Carl, are you able to test that?
-- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2006-10-28 07:19 EST --
I tested it a few days ago.
$ rpm -q scim-m17n
I installed to rpm and logged out and in again. Setting it to arabic still
produces åäö instead of the correct arabic characters. And ^ is still a
It should be enough to log out of X right?
Should have read:
5. With im-scim input arabic keys for Swedish keys correctly.
6. With scim-bridge it inputs 'å~öä', the Swedish letters for those keys.
6. It should input the arabic letters for 'k' and some others.
Dairiki-san informed that this should be fixed in scim-bridge cvs. :)
Tested cvs snapshot and it looks good to me.
Should be fixed in 0.4.10.
I built scim-bridge-0.4.10-1.fc6 for updates testing.
scim-bridge-0.4.10-1.fc6 was pushed to final.