Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 233200
improved festival package cures all ills.
Last modified: 2013-03-06 08:57:37 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #232105 +++
The new festival packages from bug #232105, now in Rawhide, are really big
improvements, including some serious bugfixes. I would highly recommend shipping
this as a bug-fix update for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
* Updated to the 1.96 beta release (from current 1.95 beta).
* Split into several subpackages, allowing for a 4.7M minimal install (down
* libFestival built as shared library.
* Libraries linked correctly.
* Devel packages which make sense (and may actually work).
* Multi-arch collisions fixed.
* Two new HTS voices.
* HTS voices fixed so they work with gnome-speech. (This is a big deal,
since they are both smaller and nicer than the older diphone voices.)
* Put site config files into /etc/festival.
* Builds without -fpermissive. (That was letting some 64-bit issues slip
* Other package cleanup.
* Other bugfixes.
Should this bug still be open?
I personally don't care anymore. However, it looks like RHEL 5 does still include the older packages.
RHEL 6 got the newer packages from Fedora; I don't think there's a big win in backporting to RHEL 5 anymore.