Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 244806
upgrade from FC6 to F7 fails whilst transferring install image to HD
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:07 EST
Description of problem:
upgrade fails during transfer install image to HD
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
upgrade from Fedora Core 6 (updated via yum to the hilt !!) to the new Fedora 7
simply by running an upgrade install from thr F7 DVD( crated from downloaded
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot from DVD
2. choose upgrade install
3. allow to run till window appears with " An error occured transferring the
install image to hard drive. Probably out of disk space"
(1)upgrade to work, perhaps ??
(2)meaningful error reporting if this is indeed an HD space problem
(1) anacdump.txt is attached
(2) Disk space just before reboot from DVD - 26GB free !!
[root@jsnlinux ~]# df -k
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
38217176 9325264 26919280 26% /
/dev/hda1 101086 67577 28290 71% /boot
tmpfs 321808 0 321808 0% /dev/shm
/dev/fd0 1424 119 1305 9% /media/disk
(3) H/W NEC Powermate ML3 desktop
(4) Bug 244519 looks similar, but it contains insuffocient info for a direct
(5) get-around: will install from scratch (because that does work for others)
afte saving current data and configs.
Created attachment 157358 [details]
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 242844 ***