Description of problem:
Mercurial has released version 0.9.4. Ok to update the Fedora-devel
version of it?
Florian La Roche
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Oh, and I hoped to see mercurial 0.9.4 even in F-7. I just found out that
mercurial 0.9.3 does not support symlinks, but 0.9.4 does, which is for me a big
*** Bug 253544 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This "resolution" is really not OK. Let me try to explain why:
Many Fedora users are sitting on hosted services or other production
environments. As an example, I have a machine at SoftLayer. They won't be
deploying F7 until early October, so one can assume that their F8 deploy will
not happen until something like March/April 2008. On the one hand, there are
good reasons for that. On the other, mercurial users in that position are placed
in a difficult situation by the NEXTRELEASE resolution. Speaking for myself, it
isn't even good enough to get this for F7. I need it for FC6 because of the
production deployment issue.
IMO, the decision to take Fedora to a 6 month release cycle was a big mistake,
because it promotes exactly the sort of decision that you just made, and it
leaves production users in the cold. Don't get me wrong -- I understand that you
are under pressure here. My point is that the source of the pressure is an
impossible release turn time.
If you don't have time to do this, are you open to letting someone else deal
Sorry. Should have added: I might be willing to volunteer to assist.