Description of problem:
The 'yomigana' input fields in vcard editing window are emptied when users are
trying to save that.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Ensures Japanese support and thunderbird are installed.
1. Open virtual terminal in gnome: Alt-F2 > `gnome-terminal` > Enter.
2. Start thunderbird in locale Japanese: `LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 thunderbird`.
3. Open vCard editing window: '編集' > 'アカウント設定' > (select an account, or
create a new one) > (click on account name) > 'vCardを編集'.
4. Input some English typing into two 'よみがな' input fields > 'OK'.
5. Reopen vCard editing window: 'vCardを編集'.
Data in 'yomigana' (よみがな) should be updated.
'yomigana' (よみがな) fields are empty.
Can you test with thunderbird-184.108.40.206 please?
upstreamed this bug now https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=405762
This is not fixed yet upstream and I am not sure of the severity.
Tagoh-san could you take a look and assess it if it is really something
worth fixing for RHEL otherwise we should probably close it wontfix IMHO.
Closing this deferred since it needs to be fixed upstream and in Fedora first.
There are upstream and fedora bugs tracking this.