Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 25757
printcong-gui:lack of many Japan printer drivers that were inculded in 7J
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:31:05 EDT
Many Japan printer driver that were included in 7J are not included in the
Even the printer (Canon LASER SHOT LIPS IV (Vector version))that is used in
Japan Office is not included.
The drivers that should be included are list below,wish they will be
enabled in RC#1.
- ALPS MD-1500
- Canon BJ-10v
- Canon BJC-680J/BJC-880J
- Canon LASER SHOT LBP-310
- Canon LASER SHOT LBP-320(Pro)/LBP-350
- Canon LASER SHOT LIPS II+
- Canon LASER SHOT LIPS IV
- Canon LASER SHOT LIPS IV (Vector version)
- Canon LBP-8II
- EPSON LP-2000/3000/7000/7000G
- EPSON LP-xx00 series
- EPSON MJ500C/MJ800C/3000C/510C
- EPSON MJ-8000C
- EPSON MJ-830C/930C/6000C
- EPSON MachJet / Stylus Color(UP)
- EPSON MachJet series
- Fujitsu FMLBP2x
- Fujitsu FMPR
- HP DeskJet 1000PPA)
- HP DeskJet 540C
- HP DeskJet 505J(Plus)
- HP DeskJet 670/680/690 series
- HP DeskJet 710/720 series (PPA)
- HP DeskJet 710/720C
- HP DeskJet 820
- HP DeskJet 850/855/870/1100 Series
- HP DeskJet Plus
- HP LaserJet 4 Dithered
- HP LaserJet 4V/4LJ Pro
- HP LaserJet 4V/4LJ Pro - Dither
- HP LaserJet III* with delta row compress
- HP LaserJet III* with delta capability
- HP LaserJet IId/IIp/III* - with TIFF compress
- Lexmark 7200
- NEC Multiwriter/PC-PR1000/2000 series
- NEC PC-PR150
- NEC PC-PR201
- NEC PICTY180 (PC-PRO101J/180)
- NEC Prinwriter 2X (UP)
- Okidata MICROLINE 600CL/620CL
- Okidata OkiPage 4w+
- Star JJ-100
- Tek 4693d color printer, 8 bit mode
This defect is considered MUST-FIX for Florence Release-Candidate #1
This isn't really a printconf problem, this is a ghostscript problem.
This is not only the ghostscript problem, but also printconf
Ghostscript needs some printer device for printer in Japan,
and printconf also needs *.foo file (in foomatic).
*** Bug 26320 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
ghostscript should be OK now, moving to printconf
qa0308.0 tree was refreshly installed.Japanese document
1.Use printconf-gui to setup printer(canon laser shot lips LV v,in Red Hat Japan
office),canon LIPS LVv can be selected.
2.Tried to print test pages:
- printing ASCII test page,only a header("ASCII Test Page") is printed out.
- printing postscript test page,many code and alpha,beta are printed.
3.Tried to print Japanese html(www.yahoo.co.jp/index.html), the result is many
pages of code and alpha-beta.
4.Japanese gs file can be displayed properly
BTW,the printer used at Japan Office is canon Laser SHOT LBP880,Japanese
document can be properly printed by
using "Canon Laser SHOT LIPS LVv" with 7J.
With qa0308.0 tree,I also tried to using "canon LBP 8A1" driver,the result is
Here is the version of ghostscript,printconf and LPRng.
[root@station3 /root]# rpm -qa | grep LPRng
[root@station3 /root]# rpm -qa | grep printconf