From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.14-5.0 i686)
The Redhat web page "http://www.redhat.com/download/howto_download.html"
strongly implies that Fisher should be installable from a set of RPM files
on one's hard drive. The text install program started by the boot floppy
says it wants "ISO images". Which is correct?
Because of bug 26937 here is further information. The files are in
/extra/RedHat. The mount point for the partition is /extra.
My machine has a AMD Thunderbird 1000 Mhz chip.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot from Fisher install floopy.
2. Use text install.
3. Installation method: hard drive
4. Fill in partition and directory
Actual Results: Installer couldn't find ISO stuff.
Expected Results: Install should work.
the procedure to complete a hard drive install using fisher is as follows:
1) download the ISO images (from a mirror site or from a CDROM) to a partition
on your local hard drive
2) verify that the ISO images' md5sum matches the md5sums reported by the mirror
3) create a boot.img floppy disk
4) reboot into the boot.img floppy, and supply the partition location and
directory name the iso files are in
5) continue the install as normal
some caveats: Don't accidentally format the partition that stores your install
source iso images, as you'll erase them! Also, remember that the location of
the ISO files is expressed relative to the root of the partition they are
Good luck and Hope this helps!