Bug 283811 - Internal GStreamer error: state change failed
Summary: Internal GStreamer error: state change failed
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: gstreamer (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: 8
Hardware: All Linux
medium
low
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Adam Jackson
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard: bzcl34nup
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2007-09-09 02:51 UTC by Eric Sandeen
Modified: 2008-05-19 09:44 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-05-19 09:44:40 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Eric Sandeen 2007-09-09 02:51:44 UTC
When clicking any "Test" button in gnome-sound-properties, I get:

gconfaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=chat:
Internal GStreamer error: state change failed.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.

in an error dialog box.  Honestly not sure what's going on here, this is just a
fedora devel install...  happy to provide more info or provide access to the box.

If this is a config error or whatnot, maybe gstreamer is not the right
component, dunno.

Comment 1 Elvin E. Ebora 2007-09-19 07:14:23 UTC
Same error with me. See attachment on bug #289831 Sound doesn't work.
GStreamer's fault?

Comment 2 Matthias Clasen 2007-09-19 22:12:15 UTC
Lennart, any idea ?

Comment 3 Lennart Poettering 2007-09-25 16:18:14 UTC
No, not really.

Eric, does running "pavucontrol" work for you?

Comment 4 Eric Sandeen 2007-09-25 16:29:40 UTC
ok let's install it first... :)  

Ok, I get a "Connection failed: Connection refused" dialog box, when I try to
run it (remotely, if that matters... (the box is headless, now...))



Comment 5 Lennart Poettering 2007-09-25 16:44:52 UTC
This tells me that pulseaudio is not running.

F8 is now using PulseAudio by default.

For new installs all necessary packages are installed by default. For upgrades,
please make sure to install:

pulseaudio
pulseaudio-esound-compat
pulseaudio-module-gconf
pulseaudio-module-x11
gstreamer-plugins-pulse
pulseaudio
pulseaudio-utils
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

However, given that you haven't been running PA, and PA is not going to
magically fix the problems you are experiencing with GST, this is probably not
the solution for this bug. I am not a gst pro, so this should probably be looked
after by someone else.

If installing PA doesn't solve your problem, or if you would like to got without
it, then running g-s-p with GST_DEBUG=3 and pasting the output would probably
help to debug this issue.

Comment 6 Eric Sandeen 2007-09-25 17:07:13 UTC
FWIW, this was a new install of F8, test2-ish, subsequently upgraded following
rawhide.

I did not have pulseaudio-utils, gstreamer-plugins-pulse, or
alsa-plugins-pulsaudio installed.  I don't think I did any fancy package
selection at install time.

Got everything installed, rebooted since I don't know what starts pulseaudio,
same thing... what should be starting pulseaudio?  (sorry if I'm getting OT)

Thanks,
-Eric



Comment 7 Eric Sandeen 2007-09-25 17:22:17 UTC
Well, FWIW, at least now when I run gnome-sound-properties, I get a nice
"Testing..." dialog box.  If I were in the  same room and speakers were plugged
in, I assume I'd hear something.  :)

So, I guess something fixed this?  Sorry, not sure if it was the additional rpm
installs, or the various updates I've done since filing the bug.

-Eric

Comment 8 Lennart Poettering 2007-09-25 18:19:09 UTC
This is most likely yet another occurance of the bug where ACLs are not properly
set up for the sound device files. I am not sure there is now a bz report for it.

Comment 9 Bug Zapper 2008-04-04 13:48:06 UTC
Based on the date this bug was created, it appears to have been reported
during the development of Fedora 8. In order to refocus our efforts as
a project we are changing the version of this bug to '8'.

If this bug still exists in rawhide, please change the version back to
rawhide.
(If you're unable to change the bug's version, add a comment to the bug
and someone will change it for you.)

Thanks for your help and we apologize for the interruption.

The process we're following is outlined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/F9CleanUp

We will be following the process here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping to ensure this
doesn't happen again.

Comment 10 Bastien Nocera 2008-05-19 09:44:40 UTC
The ACL problem should have been fixed now.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.