Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 296021
Anaconda crashes removing an activated swap LV (LiveCD)
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:16 EST
Description of problem:
Installing from a LiveCD with a swap LVM partition activated makes anaconda
crash when trying to remove the LV.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
LiveCD created with pilgrim from git 9004f421527e335dadfbfbad44ed91f0083c3124
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a swap partition into the hard disk with LVM
2. Boot the computer from the LiveCD
3. LiveCD init script detects and activates the swap partition
4. Start an installation
5. When partitioning choose "Remove Linux partitions on selected drives and
create default layout"
6. Click Next until the installation begins, then anaconda crashes
lvremove fails trying to remove the LV in use.
The swap should be deactivated.
Created attachment 199371 [details]
anaconda crash dump
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 295601 ***