From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
xinetd reports error:
01/2/26@22:13:31 xinetd: ERROR: tftp service was deactivated
because of looping
01/2/26@22:13:31 xinetd: WARNING: recv: Bad file descriptor (errno
tftpd will not respond any further until xinetd is restarted.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. upgrade tftpd tftp-server-0.17-7.i386.rpm
2. enable xinetd logging via editing /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd script
daemon xinetd -filelog /var/log/xinetd.log -reuse -
3. configure tftpd via editing /etc/xinet.d/tftp
server_args = -cs /var/tftpd
4. upload files around 1 megabyte or above several times (let tftpd create
5. tftp responded correctly with many small files, but tftping larger
files produced looping crash
Actual Results: tftpd stops with looping errror
tftpd does not die during the file transfer though....
tftpd will not respond again until xinetd is restarted
Expected Results: tftpd should have exited normally and waited for future
tftp package in 7.0 incorrectly specified 'wait=no' in xinetd.d/tftp. This should be 'wait=yes'. This has been corrected in later
package versions. If you change only that setting, will the problem go away?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 23923 ***