Description of problem:
After upgrading the ATI driver from 6.6.3-4.fc8 to 6.7.191-1.fc8, the X
server aborts upon start-up, and the monitor goes to power off mode.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.7.191-1.fc8 package.
2. Restart X server.
Monitor powers off.
X starts and graphical login panel appears.
- At this point, it's not possible to switch to a virtual console anymore.
However, entering ctrl-alt-del still allows to reboot the system.
- Downgrading to xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.3-4.fc8 allows to recover a working
- All later driver versions including 6.7.194 exhibit this malfunction.
- Xorg.0.log contains a backtrace related to the crash [see attachment].
- Adding option 'NoDRI' to the driver section of xorg.conf doesn't change
- The monitor device is an HP A4576A 21" CRT for which a single mode
'1400x1050' has been added to xorg.conf [otherwise, default resolution
would be '1600x1200' which is too high]. The graphics card is an ATI
AIW Radeon 7200 [R100 QD].
Created attachment 205901 [details]
xorg.conf for ATI AIW Radeon 7200 [R100 QD] and HP A4576A
Created attachment 205911 [details]
Xorg.0.log for ATI driver version 6.7.194
Created attachment 205921 [details]
Xorg.0.log for ATI driver version 6.6.3
Yep, seen this one already.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 261021 ***
Huh? 305921 - 261021 = 44900 new bugs in just 4 weeks?