From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.0-0.99.11 i686)
see bug# 30953 for a description of the system
i ran an upgrade on an existing (sightly modified) red-hat system. fyi:
modifications were from pogolinux.com to add ata100 to a 2.2 kernel on an
althura system shipped prior to release of the 2.4 kernel. not related to
this, i suspect.
in any case, i ran an upgrade and eth0 didn't come up.
it had been listed in /etc/modules.conf as "eth0 rtl8139"
since i had done an install into a different partition previously and eth0
had been detected and came up, i mounted that, and checked
/etc/modules.conf - it was listed as "eth0 8139too"
i changed /etc/modules.conf in the upgraded partition, ran a depmod, and it
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run the install
2. choose "upgrade", rather than one of the "install" options
Actual Results: see description of problem
Expected Results: see description of problem
This should be fixed in wolverine.