I'm attaching a minor patch that adds status support and, at least on my
machine, correctly kills the running radiusd by just sending a kill to
only radwatch; otherwise stopping radiusd would always report [FAILED].
Created attachment 16287 [details]
init script modifications - status & stop
I merged your patch in with mine. I have pushed the updated package into
Please take a look at these and let me know if they are OK, also let me know if
there are further issues.
I think radvd was some other bug? :)
1. The status part of the patch didn't seem to fully apply. It'll seg fault.
New patch included.
2. New bug, the closing "fi" in the preun script is missing. that'll cause
upgrade failure. patch included for spec file...
Created attachment 16405 [details]
status -> rhstatus
Created attachment 16406 [details]
closing brace missing
Take a look at the poackage again, I uploaded the wrong build of it lakst night,
download it again.
Oh, and the status vs rhstatus thing can stay the same, I had to merge the patch
by hand, and since this is how status is used in mopst of mour other initscripts
that's how I put it in.
Download it again and tell me what you think.
Nope, same problems...
1. we now have two functions called status()! One's pulled in from the top of
the init script ("./etc/init.d/functions") and the one you edited in... if you
want to, just get rid of the status() function manually edited in and
call "status radiusd" from the case status switch at the bottom.
2. the missing "fi" is still missing from the spec file.
3. stopping and starting functions work :)
OK. radiusd-cistron-1.6.4-5 has been uploaded to people.redhat.com/timp/RPMS.
That should do it.
Please note that since there is a typo in the %preun script in the package as
shipped in Powertools 7.1 you will have to do this to install the fixed package,
unfortuantely there is no other way around the problem:
# /sbin/service radiusd stop
# /sbin/chkconfig --del radiusd
# rpm -e --noscripts radiusd-cistron
# rpm -ivh radiusd-cistron-1.6.4-5.i386.rpm
That did it!
Resolving this as rawhide since that's where the package is now located.
*** Bug 40326 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***