Bug 381981 - bind does not resolve if started after network
bind does not resolve if started after network
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 381951
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: bind (Show other bugs)
8
All Linux
low Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Adam Tkac
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-11-14 04:44 EST by Reindl Harald
Modified: 2013-04-30 19:37 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-11-19 07:00:28 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Reindl Harald 2007-11-14 04:44:25 EST
Hi

If network is not available or started because a wrong start-order
(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=381951) bind resloves only its own
zones and must be restarted after network is available.

I do not really understand WHY a alpha-version is included in stable fedora 8!
bind-9.5.0-16.a6.fc8
Comment 1 Adam Tkac 2007-11-16 04:41:29 EST
(In reply to comment #0)
> Hi
> 
> If network is not available or started because a wrong start-order
> (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=381951) bind resloves only its own
> zones and must be restarted after network is available.

What you mean with "bind resloves only its own zones"? Could you please attach
log? I don't think this is bind problem because it needs network started
(Require-Start statement from initscript)

> 
> I do not really understand WHY a alpha-version is included in stable fedora 8!
> bind-9.5.0-16.a6.fc8

Answer is GSS-TSIG.
Comment 2 Reindl Harald 2007-11-16 04:53:50 EST
This is a problem of bind and new inf F8 in this way
There plays some problems of F8 together and it will hit only notebooks with
WLAN in this way.

However - If the exists no network connection that was never a problem fpr bind,
now it must be restarted instead of resolving from the moment network-connection
exists....

* wpa_supplicant needs messagebus
* wpa_supplicant will sterted at 11, loh nefore messagebus
* Some idiotic software places bind ervy change in system-config-services
directly after messagebus
* Damned how should anyone solve this by renaming the Init-Symlinks and put
network between messagebus and bind what is the only solution

I hope there will be a solution, FC6 and Fedora 7 had none of this problemls and
again: why you provide a alpha-version of bind with fedora?




Comment 3 Adam Tkac 2007-11-19 07:00:28 EST
(In reply to comment #2)
> This is a problem of bind and new inf F8 in this way
> There plays some problems of F8 together and it will hit only notebooks with
> WLAN in this way.
> 
> However - If the exists no network connection that was never a problem fpr bind,
> now it must be restarted instead of resolving from the moment network-connection
> exists....
> 
> * wpa_supplicant needs messagebus
> * wpa_supplicant will sterted at 11, loh nefore messagebus
> * Some idiotic software places bind ervy change in system-config-services
> directly after messagebus
> * Damned how should anyone solve this by renaming the Init-Symlinks and put
> network between messagebus and bind what is the only solution
> 
> I hope there will be a solution, FC6 and Fedora 7 had none of this problemls 

I'm not able to do anything with this. This has to be fixed in wpa_supplicant as
written in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=381951#c6

and
> again: why you provide a alpha-version of bind with fedora?
> 

Please see GSS-TSIG feature. It is avaliable only in BIND 9.5 . With this
feature BIND could be integrated into Active Directory as master DNS server.
Next interesting feature is stats export through http server integrated into
bind. These two features are reason why I've put BIND 9.5 into F8 instead 9.4 .
And when software is alpha version it doesn't mean it is unstable. It means it
is under development.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 381951 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.