From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686)
After making changes (eg. adding a button) to the userlist buttons in xchat
and saving the changes, the buttons appear ok, but after restarting xchat
they are missing. I've noticed that it isn't saving the changes to
~/.chat/buttons.conf but to ~/.xchat/<some garbage>. The only workaround
I've found is to edit buttons.conf by hand :(.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch xchat
2. Settings->Userlist buttons...
3. Add new
4. Edit the button's name and command
6. Exit xchat
7. Launch xterm
8. ls ~/.xchat
9. Launch xchat
Actual Results: In ~/.xchat there was a file with some garbage characters
as the name.
The button previously added was missing.
Expected Results: The button should have been saved.
The problem doesn't appear after rebuilding the xchat package with the
japanese patches disabled.
I believe we have this bug in here twice and the other copy has a patch attached.
Need to merge dups and get the fix in.
Found the duplicate bug now
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 37331 ***