Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 425431
ImageMagick woes with EXA acceleration on ATI Radeon X800
Last modified: 2007-12-14 16:26:31 EST
Description of problem:
ImageMagick's is completely unresponsive and shows empty application
windows when EXA acceleration is active for an ATI Radeon X800 card.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open some image file with ImageMagick's 'display' command.
2. Click point in window to make toolbar visible.
Toolbar appears but is empty. Random clicks inside the toolbar let
submenus appear but the application seems to be saturated. It's very
slow, unresponsive, and impossible to use.
ImageMagick operates normally.
- selecting XAA acceleration allows to restore normal operation.
- this is with plain metacity - no compiz.
- no other application shows similar problems when EXA is enabled.
Created attachment 289431 [details]
Sample screenshot of corrupted ImageMagick session
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 425441 ***