Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 429483
Review Request: o3read - Standalone converter for OpenOffice.org documents
Last modified: 2009-08-19 17:03:44 EDT
Spec URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/o3read/o3read.spec
SRPM URL: ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/o3read/o3read-0.0.4-1.fc9.src.rpm
Description: o3read is (a standalone) set of utilities for converting OpenOffice.org writer
and calc documents to text, html, and a dump of the parse tree.
It doesn't depend on OpenOffice or any other external tools or libraries.
*** Bug 398321 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This is pretty simple; it builds fine, rpmlint is silent and I can't fine any
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (none).
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane.
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I did some light testing and
things seem to work as advertised.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
This package looks very promising. It basically is everything I've asked for! :)
I can't really review the spec, but it builds, installs and works (at least
o3totxt) under F8 just fine.
After this packages passes the review, are you willing to contact Midnight
Commander's maintainer to add a dependency on o3read, which is the second part
of my proposal? :)
Thanks Jason for the quick review.
I think you're in the best position to contact Midnight Commander's maintainer
about the second part of your proposal. I don't use MC, neither do I know how
o3read (o3totxt) is useful for it.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: o3read
Short Description: Standalone converter for OpenOffice.org documents
Branches: F-7 F-8
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Successfully built for rawhide.
Package Change Request
Package Name: o3read
New Branches: EL-4 EL-5