Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 438805
Review Request: php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql - PostgreSQL driver for MDB2
Last modified: 2008-08-10 17:28:44 EDT
Spec URL: http://web.davehollis.com:81/packages/php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql.spec
SRPM URL: http://web.davehollis.com:81/packages/php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql-1.4.1-1.fc8.src.rpm
Description: This package provides a PostgreSQL data provider for the MDB2 database abstraction layer.
Builds fine; rpmlint says:
php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql.noarch: W: no-documentation
which is indeed the case; there's no documentation in the tarball.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* rpmlint has acceptable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
php-pear(MDB2_Driver_pgsql) = 1.4.1
php-pear-MDB2-Driver-pgsql = 1.4.1-1.fc9
php-pear(MDB2) >= 2.4.1
php-pear(PEAR) >= 1.4.0b1
* %check is not present. There seem to be some tests in the package, but they
would require a configured postgres server and it's not generally possible to
run PHP tests at build time.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* scriptlets are OK (pear module registration).
* code, not content.
*** Bug 444787 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Ping David ? Are you going to put this package on the Fedora repositories ?
I'd love to see it :-)
If you won't, please let us know.
Well, this has been sitting for ages, and there's someone around who wants to get this into the distro, so I'm just going to close this ticket and review the other one. If you really want to maintain this package, consider contacting the other maintainer once you've been sponsored.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 458610 ***