Spec URL: http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/SRPMS/mediawiki-HNP/1.1.2-1/mediawiki-HNP.spec
SRPM URL: http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/SRPMS/mediawiki-HNP/1.1.2-1/mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc8.src.rpm
Description: An extension to provide a hierarchical namespace permissions system. Requested by Infrastructure. Depends on bug 439338.
added depends on bug 439338
I'll do a pre-review:
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
? package installs properly.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
mediawiki-HNP = 1.1.2-1.fc9
mediawiki >= 1.10
mediawiki-StubManager >= 1.1.0
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I'm not sure how you would go
about testing this, anyway.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
? %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Heh, you took the checklist out of my mouth.
I can fill in:
* package installs properly.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
To check the last one, do rpm -qpd mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc9.noarch.rpm and
check that those files aren't actually used by the program. It's generally obvious.
I'd approve this, and since I know that the infrastructure folks want this soon,
I'll go ahead and do so. I hope that Josh doesn't think I'm stealing his credit.
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it. This looks interesting, I'll probably play
around with it some.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: mediawiki-HNP
Short Description: An extension to provide a hierarchical namespace permissions
Branches: F-7 F-8 F-9 (right?)
Cvsextras Commits: yes
no it isn't, there is no module mediawiki-HNP
see comment #5 for request
(it's in pkgdb though.)
try it now? Should be done.
mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc7 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 7
mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8
mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
mediawiki-HNP-1.1.2-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.