Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 442010
anaconda fails to proceed to stage2 when using >= 20th NIC with Xen
Last modified: 2009-02-20 23:37:55 EST
Description of problem:
When doing a Xen guest installation I assign multiple NICs to the guest.
Anaconda will see the devices as eth0...ethN. I'm able to choose any of the
devices, assign DHCP lease to it and proceed to stage2 to perform the
installation. However when I select devices with number eth19 and above (the
20th device) anaconda shows the TCP/IP settings screen in loader and stays
there. I can not proceed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a PV Xen guest with 20 or more nics
2. Anaconda sees the devices as ethN - Xen Virtual network
3. Select eth19 or above and click next (F12)
4. Do not change anything on the TCP/IP settings screen (default is DHCP).
5. Press F12 or click the OK button.
Anaconda does not proceed. Stays at the network settings screen.
Anaconda proceeds with obtaining a DHCP lease for the selected device and
transitions to stage2.
Doesn't matter if you bridge to xenbr0 or virbr0 on dom0.
Created attachment 302097 [details]
script used to start the virtual guest
* execute as root
* script is appendign -m $MAC -b $bridge parameters to emulate higher number of
* MAC addresses do not conflict with other on the network or other Xen guests
Note: If you are using an earlier tree you may hit bug #433755 - a crash
Created attachment 302881 [details]
output from tty3 when eth19 is selected
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request. You may appeal
this decision by reopening this request.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 444919 ***