Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 446265
Error dialog after media check prevents installation
Last modified: 2008-05-14 14:33:08 EDT
Description of problem:
If you try to install F9 via DVD and boot the media, you will be asked, if you
like a media check. If you do so, you will see a error dialog with just
containing "OK" preventing to continue the installation. You have to reboot the
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot the F9 DVD
2. If you are asked for media check, choose "OK"
3. Either do the test or select "Eject Disc"
4. Select "Continue"
The disc is ejected. A error dialog with caption "error" and just a "OK" as text
is shown. There is only one button with "OK" on it. If you press the button, the
same procedure happens.
The normal installation is launched.
1. On tty5 there are some messages:
"Running ... /bin/mount -n -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/sr0 /mnt/source
mount: No medium found".
2. The media passed the check.
3. The problem occures on a virtual box vm and a notebook. Might happen on all
Please tell me how I can provide further information to help identifying and
fixing the bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 375011 ***