Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 451785
Loader gets stuck in infinite loop when testing media in kvm
Last modified: 2016-07-26 19:47:05 EDT
Description of problem:
After testing the medium, the loader gets stuck in an infinite loop, showing a
nonsenical message. I saw this when installing on kvm.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I used official Fedora DVD ISO.
I used a DVD ISO stored on NFS and installing fedora on a kvm virtual machine.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. When prompted if you want to test the media, click on OK
2. Next, click on Test
3. Wait for the test to finish
4. It was successful, click on OK
5. Another window, asking as if we want to test another media or continue, same
as in step 2, click on Continue
6. Now you get a window with caption "Error", text "OK" and button OK, you get
it again after more clicks
Message repeating itself that doesn't make sense.
Nothing like this, just continued installation.
Screenshots are here: http://fedorapeople.org/~mnagy/anaconda_bug/
The issue is that the disc drive did not have time to read from the DVD before
you hit continue, so it got into a looping error. To avoid this, wait about 15
seconds before hitting continue after you reinsert the DVD.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 375011 ***