Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 458773
Review Request: geany-vc - Provide uniform access to different version-control systems
Last modified: 2009-04-01 05:54:49 EDT
Created attachment 314063 [details]
Description of problem:
New plugin for geany: geany-vc
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Builds fine on Fedora Rawhide (10).
1. Currently I have repackaged the source with renamed base directory for the package. The URL to the source package is shared off my local server. Maybe in the next iteration we could perhaps retain the original name of the source package while keeping the visible name of the package as geany-vc (or geany-geanyvc if we prefer to be too strict).
2. SRPM and SPEC are attached.
3. Once the package is installed, the user can see the new plugin becomes available in Geany (see manage plugins dialog).
4. Built on Fedora 9 + rawhide repositories enabled; on X86_64.
Created attachment 314064 [details]
PLEASE use the template below (as described at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join)for your package review submissions:
It saves other people having to edit your submissions - the formatting is important because the review tickets are processed by scripts.
OK I will look for the new package submission template.
The question is, why doesn't the the Fedora bugzilla automatically display the template when I choose the "Package Review" option at the time of submission? Something like that would be quite useful and much better than the static bug-submission template that gets shown.
(In reply to comment #3)
> OK I will look for the new package submission template.
> The question is, why doesn't the the Fedora bugzilla automatically display the
> template when I choose the "Package Review" option at the time of submission?
> Something like that would be quite useful and much better than the static
> bug-submission template that gets shown.
Good point; how about raising that on fedora-infrastructure-list?
It has been two months since the review was submitted, but no Spec or SRPM has been provided. Please provide URLs to a Spec/SRPM pair as soon as possible.
Sorry, I missed those attachments. Please consider following the template (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&format=extras-review) as mentioned by Paul in future.
Are you sponsored? https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/members/packager does not mention a sponsor against your name. If you are not sponsored then please follow:
Are you still interested to get geanyvc in the repo ?
I am willing to port geanyvc into Fedora, please step up if you still want (you were there the first ;-) )
We could also co-maintain it if you like
Ok. I see Pierre is interested to package this and no progress made here since months.
Therefore closing this and continuing review bug 490725
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 490725 ***