Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 459056
CD Test ejects CD and then can't be found
Last modified: 2008-08-14 09:41:32 EDT
Description of problem: When testing CD when done it ejects the CD, but once the CD is eject and put it back in the drive it can't be found.
Can test again, Error Unable to read the disc checksum from the primary volume descriptor. This probably means the disk was created without adding the checksum.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Most of the time fails, have had continue work after 1 test.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot from CD
2. Select ok at Disc Found Menu
3. Select Test at Media Check Menu
4. Success, select OK.
5. Ejects disk, which I don't think should happen.
6. Put CD back in drive, and Select Test from Media Check menu.
7. Can't Test again and Then select Continue and it can't find the disc.
Actual results: Ejects CD when Test done, and can't be found after test.
Expected results: Shouldn't eject CD and you should be able to test again and continue after that.
Also if you just eject the CD before you test it, then you can't find the CD again so that you can test it.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 375011 ***