Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 465411
PDF build adds "1" characters into URLs, causing links to fail if people highlight and copy
Last modified: 2015-01-04 17:35:35 EST
Created attachment 319323 [details]
"1" characters in links (PDF output)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.2 (Tikanga)
Always, when using "svn co http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/selinuxguide"
Steps to Reproduce:
1. svn co http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/selinuxguide
2. cd selinuxguide/community/trunk/SELinux_User_Guide
3. make pdf-en-US
4. See page 4
* "1" characters inserted into links (see attached).
* clicking on the link takes you to the correct page (no "1" characters in the link).
* right-click, copy link, also takes you to the correct page (no "1" characters in the link).
Highlighting the link, and then copying, copies the "1" characters, causing the link to fail.
Issue occurs in publican-fedora-0.15-0.el5 and publican-redhat-0.15-0.el5. I have not tried anything else.
There is a bug in the way the URL is being escaped. It may take me some time to get to this as I am working on another system atm.
You can work around this bug by copying the URL in to the tag body.
<ulink url="http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml">Gentoo SELinux Handbook</ulink>
This bug may have existed for sometime since, in my experience, very few people leave the ulink body empty.
Disabled ulink.hyphenate xsl variable, it was being set to 1.
*** Bug 466308 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
publican-0.38-0.fc9,perl-XML-TreeBuilder-3.09-11.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
publican-0.38-0.fc9, perl-XML-TreeBuilder-3.09-11.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.