Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 468616
Banshee frequently crashes when switching tracks
Last modified: 2008-11-12 13:11:04 EST
Created attachment 321556 [details]
Banshee debug output
Description of problem:
Banshee frequently crashes when advancing to the next track. This happens usually ever third track.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
banshee.x86_64 1.2.1-2.fc10 installed
Steps to Reproduce:
if you can reproduce this then can you please try doing:
yum install yum-utils
and then reproducing the crash with banshee --debug set
this will give us a more complete crash log.
Created attachment 321816 [details]
Crash log with debugging symbols
Here's a new crash log. Produced by,
$ banshee-1 --debug &> h
I believe banshee crashed after the second or third song this time.
Concerning the musical selection: don't judge, it's not mine. ;)
This sounds like:
Upstream has a patch for this which they have requested distributors ship in their packages. Once 469450 is closed this should be fixed. Thank you for your patience.
Created attachment 323156 [details]
Banshee 22.214.171.124-1 debug info
I installed banshee-126.96.36.199-1.fc10.i386 from Koji and Banshee still crashes randomly. Yesterday evening it didn't, but today morning it does. Yesterday I played more mp3 files, but today morning more FLAC files. It seems to crash after tracks in FLAC, but I cannot confirm it yet. Not after every track in FLAC, but after some of them.
I attached the debug info with the previous message.
I forgot to mention that I also installed podsleuth-0.6.3-1.fc10 and taglib-sharp-188.8.131.52-7.fc10 from Koji.
P.S. In Fedora 9 Banshee 1.2.1 worked with no problems. It started to happen when I did a fresh install of Fedora 10 Preview. Since I have played already quite some mp3 files now without a crash then it seems that Banshee 1.4.0 with those patches narrowed the problem to FLAC files.
Yeah, I've seen no improvement in the new package. It still crashes after a song or two.
I've punted this to upstream as their proposed fix did not appear to work. You should both be on CC for the bug there.
Reassigning to gstreamer as that is the cause
Downstream has a patch for this here:
I'm doing an F10 scratch build of a gstreamer with the patch referenced in 555631. I'd like some feedback as to whether this actually resolves the issue or not (I haven't really been able to reproduce these crashes):
(In reply to comment #11)
> I'm doing an F10 scratch build of a gstreamer with the patch referenced in
> 555631. I'd like some feedback as to whether this actually resolves the issue
> or not (I haven't really been able to reproduce these crashes):
These new gstreamer packages seem to fix the problem.
Thank you all for the work on fixing this problem!
Yeah, I also haven't experienced any crashes since upgrading the gstreamer packages.
gstreamer-0.10.21-2.fc10 tagged into f10-final, closing this out.