Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 470642
Request to return awesfx to repository
Last modified: 2009-10-01 11:23:13 EDT
Description of problem:
new version (0.5.1c) is compatible with latest software and compiles fine. Please add a package to repository.
Here's the link to source codes:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Any news here?
There's a thread on fedora-list where it is pointed out that awesfx is missing and needed.
Please see: https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=65787&forum=10
As well, please see bug 405131
For what it's worth, I'm tossing in my $0.02 and saying awesfx is still needed.
Created attachment 329420 [details]
Source RPM that works
My basic method (IIRC) for creating this was:
1. Install the SUSE SRPM (linked above) on my computer
2. Install the Fedora 8 SRPM (found this somewhere; sunet.se???)
3. Change the Fedora 8 spec file in various ways including:
- Refer to the source from the SUSE SRPM
- Don't use the patch that was previously used
- There's no INSTALL file, so remove that from the list of files
- Add a bunch of additional files that built
You can route this request through standard was for new packages. Create the sample rpm and ask for review... see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
If someone wants to get awesfx introduced into Fedora again,
please submit a new review request, thank you!
This package is blocked in Apr 2008, so re-introducing this package
needs new review request.
Submitted new review request for reintroduction of awesfx package in Fedora here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=490061