Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 471073
Call to the F-8 and F-9 maintainer of bouncycastle
Last modified: 2008-11-11 14:05:32 EST
(Following the guidelines at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy#What_to_do_if_a_Maintainer_is_absent )
Description of problem:
I want to release bouncycastle-mail (bug# 465382) for F-9 (and maybe for F-8 too). But it depends on bouncycastle. The F-8 and F-9 versions of bouncycastle are outdated and have wrong license tags (bug# 465203). I have been trying to reach bouncycastle maintainer (fitzsim) of F-8 and F-9 for a while. I can't release bouncycastle-mail without having bouncycastle updated.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1.38 to 1.41
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Send an email to the maintainer, request co-maintenance
2. Try to find the maintainer on Freenode IRC
3. File a co-maintaining request to the maintainer on pkgdb
No go. No replies. Nothing.
- the maintainer replies to the queries and says that the situation will be taken care of, or
- the maintainer grants access to those who request it for co-maintaining the package, or
- the maintainer updates the package himself
I received another request for pushing bouncycastle-mail to F-9. Please see comments #7 to #11 in bug# 465382 .
I've released ownership of bouncycastle for Fedora 7, Fedora 8 and Fedora 9.
Thank you Thomas.
I claimed the ownership for the bouncycastle and approved your pkgdb requests. I'll take care of the commits if you don't have any objection. Btw, can you approve my F-10 pkgdb requests for bouncycastle whenever you have time?
Closing the bug.