Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 473530
Review Request: constantine - Platform Constants for Java
Last modified: 2008-12-07 22:01:06 EST
Spec URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SPECS/constantine.spec
SRPM URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SRPMS/constantine-0.1-1.fc9.src.rpm
Provides java values for common platform C constants (e.g. errno).
It's been a while since I reviewed a java package. This one seems simple and clean enough. I note, though, that you don't include the gcj aot bits as
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GCJGuidelines suggests. Frankly I don't know enough about the Java situation to argue either way; on one hand, my understanding is that we still have platforms which benefit from native code generation, but on the other hand this package exists primarily for jruby which doesn't do the aot stuff either. Anyway, it isn't a blocker.
constantine.noarch: W: no-documentation
which normally would be OK, except that in this case at least the LICENSE file should be included.
Regarding the test suite, it would of course be good to run it, but if it doesn't work without hacks then I certainly can't fault you
So the only blocker I see is the inclusion of the license file.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
X license text not included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* final provides and requires are sane:
constantine = 0.4-1.fc11
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* code, not content.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no pre-built jars
* single jar, named after the package
* jarfiles are under _javadir.
* ant called properly.
The package review process needs reviewers! If you haven't done any package
reviews recently, please consider doing one.
Looks good; thanks.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: constantine
Short Description: Platform Constants for Java
Branches: F-10 F-9
Built in rawhide, closing.