Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 473884
Subnet mask in manual IPV4 configuration shows the same value of gateway
Last modified: 2008-12-01 05:44:18 EST
Description of problem:
Upon making a static configuration of a network connection, the shown value of the subnet mask equals the one of the gateway
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 1.5.93
Just setup your network manually and then press another tab of the network config ("route" for example) and then go back to the "General" tab. The shown subnet mask will be the same as the gateway.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open System-config-network.
2. Select the wired connection you wish to put a static IP on.
3. Press "Edit".
4. Select "Statically set IP addresses".
5. Put your settings.
6. Press the "Route" or "Hardware device" tab.
7. Go back to the "General" tab.
8. You'll notice the subnet mask is now the same as the gateway.
The subnet mask actually gets the value you want (I checked with ifconfig), but the correct value isn't shown in system-network config.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 469434 ***