Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 474275
Traceback in network config dialog - no attribute 'gateway'
Last modified: 2009-02-20 23:31:23 EST
Created attachment 325468 [details]
anacdump.txt produced on anaconda
Description of problem:
Changing network interface after configuring it for static IP causes a traceback in the installer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run installation from Fedora 10 i386 DVD with all defaults on a system with more than one network interface.
2. Select "Advanced Storage Configuration"
3. Select "Add iSCSI target"
4. For the first interface (eth0 in my case), uncheck DHCP, enter IP 192.168.0.23/255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1, nameserver 192.168.0.1
5. Press "OK". After some time, an error message appears "Error configuring network device". Dismiss the message by pressing "OK".
6. Select another network interface (eth1 in my case). I'm doing it with the keyboard, as I have no mouse on that system.
7. Select the original network interface (eth0).
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/netconfig_dialog.py", line 79, in _netdevChanged
if self.network.gateway: self.xml.get_widget("gatewayEntry").set_text(self.network.gateway)
AttributeError: Network instance has no attribute 'gateway'
There should be no error configuring the network device in the first place. And if there is any error, there should be no traceback!
Patch accepted, will push changes to git repository once git.fedorahosted.org comes back online.
The next build of anaconda in rawhide will contain this fix. When you can verify it works, please mark this bug as CLOSED RAWHIDE.
*** Bug 481142 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***