Spec URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SPECS/sympow.spec
SRPM URL: http://konradm.fedorapeople.org/fedora/SRPMS/sympow-1.019-1.fc9.src.rpm
SYMPOW is a program for computing special values of symmetric power
elliptic curve L-functions.
Koji scratch build:
I just fixed the launcher script to be multilibs-safe.
I don't believe the license of this package is actually BSD; at least, it's not a BSD variant I've seen before. The third clause is different to me:
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistribution of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistribution in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* If redistribution is done as a part of a compilation that has a more
restrictive license (such as the GPL), then the fact that SYMPOW has
a less restrictive license must be made clear to the recipient.
For example, a line like (include bracketed text if SYMPOW is modified):
"This compilation includes [a modification of] SYMPOW whose [original]
code has a less-restrictive license than the entire compilation."
should appear in a suitable place in the COPYING and/or LICENSE file.
Blocking FE-Legal for an opinion. I wonder if the third clause might actually render the software GPL-incompatible. And even then, I'd have to leave it to a lawyer to determine what "more restrictive" really means.
Nah, just an odd BSD variant. Free and GPL compatible. Lifting FE-Legal.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
sympow = 1.019-2.fc11
sympow(x86-64) = 1.019-2.fc11
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: sympow
Short Description: Special Values of Symmetric Power Elliptic Curve L-Functions
Built in koji.