Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 476624
gnome-screensaver leaks large pixbufs
Last modified: 2015-01-14 18:22:14 EST
Description of problem:
gnome-screensaver leaks large X11 pixbufs each time a lock/unlock cycle occurs.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run "xrestop" in a terminal window
2. Set the screensaver to "blank screen" (not necessarily required, but that's what I have.)
3. Lock the screen (System->Lock Screen)
4. Let the screen fade out, then log back in (as the same user)
5. Look at xrestop. On my machine (with 2x1600x1200 LCD screens) each iteration of the above steps leaks 30,000KB of Pxm mem.
Large pixbuf is leaked.
Large pixbuf not leaked (pxm mem column largely unchanged after lock/unlock.)
Running F10 with updates as of today. Reproducable on several computers.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 475794 ***