Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 47837
Unable to run CGIs in /home/*/public_html
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:00 EDT
Description of Problem: Unable to enable CGI scripts in /home/*/public_html
using existing directions.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Uncomment <Directory /home/*/public_html> lines
2. Add ExecCGI to Options list
3. Uncomment AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
4. Create simple ksh script, test script in /var/www/cgi-bin for
5. Make sure that full /home/*/public_html path is set to mermissions 755
6. May have forgotten a step here, but see diff comments below where I
diffed operational 6.2 and 7.1 configuration files.
error_log has Premature end of script headers:, but CGI script file was not
Cgi script executed.
Actually, the configuration was ported from the previous 6.2 install to the
upgraded 7.1. All files and directories in the /home/<user>/public_html
were not changed between 6.2 and 7.1. Diffs between the 6.2 and 7.1
httpd.conf were checked for errors in configuration. The ksh test script
does work in 7.2 /var/www/cgi-bin directory. The 7.2 public_html
configuration is otherwise fully operational.
Probably a configuration mistake at your end. Anything logged in
/var/log/httpd/suexec_log? Also have a look at Apache Manual:
After looking at suexec_log, my login and exe file gids did not match, Thanks
ok, seems to be fixed
*** Bug 50362 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***