Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 486454
Gracefully handle failed 'Save to Bugzilla'
Last modified: 2009-02-19 16:28:16 EST
Description of problem:
If an incorrect username or password is supplied on the Save to Bugzilla screen, the installer has an additional traceback and the only option is to restart the install.
This seems similar to BZ 461148 (which was previously fixed).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Rawhide 20090216 (anaconda 184.108.40.206)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Cause traceback in Anaconda
2. "Save" the exception, choose Bugzilla as method
3. Type incorrect username or password, click "Ok"
Nothing happens visually with the Anaconda screen. A traceback is shown on Ctrl-Alt-F1:
. . .
filer.LoginError: Could not login to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi with username mytestuser
At this point it is not possible to retry the submission or choose a different method of saving the dumpfile.
1) It tells the user (on the GUI) that an error occurred
2) The user can correct the username/password and retry
3) The user can select another source to save (scp or local)
Yep, we definitely should have been handling that exception all along. My documentation even says that. This will be fixed in the next build of anaconda. Thanks for the bug report.