Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 488666
ibus-anthy candidate selection should be vertical
Last modified: 2009-04-09 01:44:12 EDT
Description of problem:
Right now the candidate window displays in the landscape though, keybindings to move a cursor among candidate words is Up and Down key. but not Left and Right key.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.type something and press space to see the candidate window
2.press Left and Right key
3.press Up and Down key
2. nothing happens
3. move a cursor to the _left_ and the _right_
2. should move a cursor to the left with Left key and to the right with Right key.
The left and right keys is for moving cursor in pre-edit. So we can not use them for moving cursor in lookup table. So I will not fix it.
There should be some options to make it useful:
1. Use the portrait candidate window by defualt
2. Assign Left and Right key to move a cursor on the candidate window during it appears and need to cancel it to work them again for moving a cursor on preedit.
3. Reconsider the default keybindings to take it easy
4. Provide a customization for keybindings for workaround and leave it to users.
Just closing WONTFIX sounds like making a denial of those ideas too.
Can we at least default candidate list to vertical for ibus-anthy or Japanese users?
That would help with this problem.
Windows IME, ATOK and SCIM are vertical. This really shouldn't be different in ibus because it confuses users. It seems the key bindings themselves are correct, but how it is displayed during candidate selection needs to be fixed.
ibus will set lookup table vertical in ja locale. Fixed in ibus-18.104.22.16890331-1.fc11
There was a misunderstanding. We want it to be vertical for both Japanese and Korean candidate selection so this language input interface behaves identically no matter what your desktop locale is.
should be fixed in latest ibus-22.214.171.12490407-3.fc11 build which now defaults all locale to vertical.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 493687 ***