Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 489576
Multiple SELinux monitoring denials with active probes
Last modified: 2009-09-10 08:05:35 EDT
Created attachment 334690 [details]
part of /var/log/audit/audit.log (permissive)
Description of problem:
Several SELinux denials show after I created some probes for a registered
system and scout pushed live.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL-5.3, selinux enabled (permissive at least)
2. Install Oracle-XE, Spacewalk 0.5
3. Activate monitoring, monitoring scout.
4. Register a system to your Spacewalk (which needs to run rhnmd).
5. Create "Network Services: Ping" probe.
6. Create "Linux: Memory Usage" probe.
7. Push scout configs.
8. Watch /var/log/audit/audit.log on your Spacewalk installation.
there are three bugs opened on this issue...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 488787 ***
Reopening, the AVC denials here are different from those in bug 488787.
Addressed in Spacewalk master, commits 2380c996f9d26eff39f65c87ec5369553065f746 to 7260763da9c276429e7e9a1fd53b82f1c80c252f.
Tagged and built as spacewalk-monitoring-selinux-0.6.2-1.
Spacewalk 0.6 released