Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 491390
gpsd 2.39 soname bump
Last modified: 2009-03-26 12:08:54 EDT
gpsd 2.39 will have a soname bump that affects kdeedu-marble. I have packages built here:
If you could test to see if kdeedu-marble is affected and let me know if I need to build a compat package I'd appreciate it.
I'd suggest just building the updated gpsd in dist-f11 and giving us a heads-up once it's built, we'll worry about rebuilding kdeedu at that point.
I strongly doubt a compat package will be needed or useful, unless there are really major API changes, dependent packages should either rebuild unchanged or need only minor patching.
(Note that due to the ongoing beta freeze, the gpsd build will not hit the daily Rawhide snapshots right now anyway.)
As for F9 and F10, if you want to update gpsd there too, we can do a grouped update once we have things built in Rawhide.
I'm having problems getting newer gpsd's built in koji at all right now (fine in local mock), but I'll try to ping you once gpsd 2.39 builds/lands in rawhide. I haven't figured out what to do about F-9/10 yet due to this soname bump. AFAICT, kdeedu-marble is the only package that links directly to libgps.
gpsd 2.39 is currently building for rawhide (scratch builds worked fine); I'm still trying to decide what to do for F-9 and F-10.
If kdeedu-marble is the only user, we can simply bundle it with our KDE 4.2.2 update. Just build it for F9 and F10 and ask Rex to tag it into the buildroots.
Okay; F9 and F10 is built; feel free to get it tagged for building against.
ok, tagging gpsd-2.39-3.fc9 gpsd-2.39-3.fc10 for buildroots. Beware of upgrade paths though, the latest build for rawhide/F11 is older, currently gpsd-2.39-2.fc11
kdeedu built for rawhide.
The rest will go out with kde-4.2.2 update.
Douglas, I'll I spun kdeedu-4.2.1-3 builds here too, what timeline did you have in mind for F-9/F-10 updates? If you'd rather this go sooner, I can issue testing updates asap. (I think I'd personally prefer that than waiting for kde-4.2.2 at this point, but I'd rather hear what you think).
No hurry here; I haven't pushed it to testing yet since I wanted to wait to see if we could do a combined push.
ok, I'd propose we batch things in:
sound like a plan?
Works for me; I can't add gpsd to your update, can you add it?
You could also add this bug as fixed by the update