Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 495615
Update rhn_register to properly parse the dmi information on for registration on a kvm host
Last modified: 2009-09-02 07:20:48 EDT
Expand the parsing of dmi information to identify the virtualization host to support KVM.
See bug 495612 for the kvm side.
Daniel - Can you explain this further? What doe you mean by identify the KVM Host? Did you mean KVM "guest"?
my tests environment:
1. Serve, Domain-0
- rhn_register to rhn.webqa
- XEN hypervizor
- it's Domain-0
2. xen20.englab.brq.redhat.com, Domain-U
- xen20 is created on dhcp-lab-159.englab.brq.redhat.com
- rhn_register to rhn_webqa
- it's Domain-U
3. Details for dhcp-lab-159.englab.brq.redhat.com on rhn.webqa.r.c but there isn't info about its domain-1 xen20
should I use only KVM virtualization or XEN hypervizor?
Is rhn.webqa.r.c supported for it?
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.