Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 502204
virt-manager's dialog to connect an existing CD-ROM to an ISO does not use storage pool interface
Last modified: 2013-09-02 02:36:31 EDT
Created attachment 345099 [details]
Description of problem:
* Open up the details [tab] for a guest. Select the "Disk hdc" or whichever corresponds to a virtual IDE CDROM. Disconnect any existing ISO's the CDROM. Connect that device to another ISO. Observe the the dialog used is different from the dialogs when you create the IDE CDROM device. Should they be the same?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open virt-manager
2. Select a guest, select details [tab]
3. Select the "Disk hdc" or whichever corresponds to a virtual IDE CDROM.
4. Click "Disconnect" to existing break and connection with ISO images
5. Click "Connect" to make a new connection to an ISO image
6. Under "ISO Image location", select Browse
* Just a normal GNOME file browser (See attached screenshot)
* The storage pool browser interface used when I created the virtual CDROM device.
Makes sense to me, at least
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 11 development cycle.
Changing version to '11'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
Moving to POST.
*** Bug 505429 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This isn't going to cause people any great problems, so I think it's fine to close this as resolved in F-12 rather than attempt to backport the fix