Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 504283
Review Request: AGReader - Console reader for viewing AmigaGuide files
Last modified: 2009-06-08 13:46:20 EDT
A viewer for the UNIX console which can read and display AmigaGuide files. It
supports all of the v39 AmigaGuide specification possible and supports a large
subset of the v40 specifications.
This package was in Fedora previously, and has been orphaned long enough that it requires a new review. The only problems I have found are that two doc files aren't UTF-8, but they're example AmigaGuide files, and should be left as they are.
Indeed, thhis builds fine and rpmlint complains only about the two .guide files that aren't utf8.
The source files indicate their license only inconsistently. Where they do, they mention only "GNU PL" or "GNU license" and often only "free software". Since this was in Fedora previously and merely orphaned (not dropped due to licens, I'm going to make the assume that this was previously cleared to be the GNU GPL, with no version specified giving GPL+.
I tested thhis manually and it seems to work fine.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper (none needed).
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint has acceptable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
AGReader = 1.2-5.fc11
AGReader(x86-64) = 1.2-5.fc11
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: AGReader
Short Description: Console reader for viewing AmigaGuide files
Branches: F-10 F-11
Was previously orphan, exists up through F-9, I believe.
Thanks! Builds are failing as it's still blocked.