Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 507489
Changed device URI not reflected in properties dialog
Last modified: 2009-07-22 18:07:01 EDT
Description of problem:
The device URI of an installed printer cannot be changed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start s-c-p with at least one installed printer
2. Select it -> Properties -> Device URI -> Change...
3. Enter root password (causes SELinux denial, but this is not the problem since I'm in permissive mode)
4. Change the URI and hit Apply
s-c-p asks for root pw a second time (sucks) but nothing happens
Dialog should close and URI should get updated.
I just realized this is a crasher: As you hit the Apply button on the console appears:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py", line 6536, in on_btnNPApply_clicked
File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/authconn.py", line 183, in <lambda>
return lambda *args, **kwds: self._authloop (fname, fn, *args, **kwds)
File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/authconn.py", line 198, in _authloop
result = fn.__call__ (*args, **kwds)
File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/cupspk.py", line 494, in addPrinter
File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/cupspk.py", line 230, in _call_with_pk_and_fallback
debugprint ('PolicyKit call to %s did not work: %s' %
NameError: global name 'debugprint' is not defined
Ok, forget about comment # 2. I updated to system-config-printer-1.1.8-1.fc11 from updates testing and the python traceback is gone. The Device URI dialog gets closed now, but the URI is not getting updated.
If I manually enter the new URI in the Properties dialog and hit apply an error message appears: "There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'client-error-not-possible'"
Thanks for the report, and especially thanks for trying the test update.
After the dialog closes, the printer properties dialog is still showing the old device URI. If you cancel that dialog and double-click on the printer again you should see the new URI; i.e. the printer properties dialog is not getting updated after the URI is changed.
I'm not seeing the other problem you mention (client-error-not-possible) -- would you mind opening a separate bug report for that? Seems to need more investigation.
Looks like this display issue was fixed by a change I made upstream yesterday.
*** Bug 508086 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
system-config-printer-1.1.8-3.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update system-config-printer'. You can provide feedback for this update here: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2009-6777
system-config-printer-1.1.8-5.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
system-config-printer-1.1.8-6.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
system-config-printer-1.1.8-6.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.