Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 51012
msiing dhared libraries. Files in wrong places
Last modified: 2008-08-01 12:22:51 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.73 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.4 i586)
Description of problem:
The shared libraries (libmpich.so*) are missing. There is a build flag to
All the files are in very odd places: all under /usr/lib/mpich instead of
standard install places (and some of the docs are not under
/usr/share/doc). The man pages are also in /usr/lib/mpich/man. Could
everything be moved to standard places???
I attach an old spec file from when I maintained this package under
contrib|net. It probably needs some fixing up but it did attempt to put
things in the right places, build all the parts, and provide ssh rather
than rsh transport for mpich.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Try to build program that needs shared mpich library
2. Try to build program that expects to find libraries and header files in
3. er, thats it.
Created attachment 26433 [details]
example spec file (needs some updating)
The shared libraries aren't missing, they aren't built.
As for the file locations, the reasons are:
1) It's where mpich wants to put them
2) /usr/doc isn't used, it's /usr/share/doc for all apps now
3) The primary MPI package is lam, and not changing the mpich package's default
path is necesarry to avoid collisions
Since this bug is closed, I've filed an RFE for building the .so files: bug 54768.