Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 515779
login.defs/SYS_UID_MIN should be 200
Last modified: 2009-08-07 11:22:58 EDT
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #515667 +++
Since setup-2.8.7, the 100-200 range is used for uidgid reservations and 107 is reserved for qemu. See:
* Tue Jul 21 2009 Ondrej Vasik <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2.8.7-1
- increase threshold for uidgid reservations to 200
- reserve uidgid pair 107:107 for qemu (libvirt,#511957)
- reflect threshold in profile and bashrc, do inform about
uidgid file existence there
However, 'useradd -r' and 'groupadd -r' still allocate out of the 100-500 range.
We have a report of openvpn using gid 107 on a tester's system.
* Wed Aug 05 2009 Peter Vrabec <email@example.com> 2:188.8.131.52-6
- increase threshold for uid/gid reservations to 200 (#515667)
Tagged in f12-alpha now