Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 519727
Fedora11 Rawhide: Returning partitions to state prior to edit failed
Last modified: 2009-08-27 11:19:11 EDT
Installing F11 Rawhide failed during the partition phase giving traceback as shown bellow
anaconda 184.108.40.206 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/partition_gui.py", line 1134, in editPartition
raise RuntimeError, ("Returning partitions to state "
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/partition_gui.py", line 1080, in editCB
RuntimeError: Returning partitions to state prior to edit failed
CPU Type: power5
1. Start f11 rawhide installation with vnc
2. Select "Use entire drive" in partitioning. This option should not leave any free space on the disk.
* Also check for review and modify partitioning layout
* Pressing next should be able to partition information.
3. Select one the partition and press 'Edit'
4. Increase the size of the partition and press OK.
* This should give an error of saying " not enough free space on disk". Which is expected.
5. Now click on 'OK' for the error. This should generate the above mentioned exception report.
Attaching the anaconda log
This issue is still seen F12 alpha.
Created attachment 358890 [details]
anaconda log from fedora11
Created attachment 358891 [details]
F12 alpha: anaconda log file
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 498026 ***