Description of problem:
After installing rawhide with non-standard partitioning layout, no kernel is found in yaboot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start instalation of current rawhide (note that because of bug in 12.19 you need to supply another boot parameter "updates=http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/520791-updates.img")
2. start vnc instalation (because of bug 521049 you cannot start it by hand. Use kickstart with option "timezone --isUtc America/New_York" to skip this particular dialog)
3. proceed to partitioning dialog
4. create non-default partitioning layout:
for example: / on physical volume (non-lvm)
/ on LVM, where LVM is on software raid partition (RAID1)
/ on raid partition.
5. finish the instalation and reboot
after reboot there is no entry in yaboot.
there should be entry "linux" to be able to boot the kernel
User can successfully enter rescue mode and chroot the installed system. Attached tar files of "/root" "/var/log" and "/boot" directory.
Created attachment 359787 [details]
/boot directory without ramdisk and vmlinuz to reduce size
Created attachment 359788 [details]
Created attachment 359789 [details]
What's the problem with the yaboot.conf file you attached as part of the /boot directory? Comparing to a working ppc install here, it looks okay to me.
Yes, the file itself is OK. The problem is, that even the file seems to be OK, the machine after reboot doesn't see the "linux" kernel and cannot boot.
Can you attach /var/log/program.log to this bug report so we can see if the bootloader even got run?
The /var/log/program.log is already attached in attachment " /var/log directory (870.00 KB, application/x-tar) ".
Created attachment 360162 [details]
program.log from /var/log attachment
Can you switch to tty2 and do:
/sbin/mkofboot -f -C /boot/etc/yaboot.conf
discussion moved to 523754...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 523754 ***