This library allows clutter applications to be aware of gestures
and to easily attach some handlers to the gesture events. The library
supports both single and multi touch.
Here is the full review of the package:
* rpmlint: ?
rpmlint SRPMS/clutter-gesture-0.0.2-1.fc12.src.rpm RPMS/i686/clutter-gesture-* SPECS/clutter-gesture.spec
clutter-gesture-devel.i686: W: no-documentation
4 packages and 1 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 1 warnings.
Rpmlint looks clean - in general is a missing documentation acceptable for
devel packages. However, searching for clutter-gesture on moblin.org I've
found a document describing the clutter-gesture API:
Depending on its "up-to-date status", would it be an option
to package this as the documentation for the devel package?
* naming: OK
- name matches upstream
- spec file name matches package name
* sources: OK
- md5sum: de0e3e5c01f0a328cc04a46198776ebe clutter-gesture-0.0.2.tar.bz2
- sources matches upstream
- Source0 tag ok
- spectool -g works
* URL tag: ?
clutter-gesture has its own project page:
Would it make sense to use this one?
* License: TODO
- License LGPLv2+ acceptable
- License in spec file does not match the actual license:
In general it does, but one source file (engine/stroke.c) is actual under the MIT license:
- So the license in the spec file should be "LGPLv2+ and MIT" (according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/LicensingGuidelines#Multiple_Licensing_Scenarios ). Please also add a comment about this issue to the spec file.
- License file packaged
- It would be morer clearer if upstream would provide a standard license file with a proper name like COPYING (and not "NEWS" ;-) ). According to the Review guidelines the packager is encouraged to query upstream to include it. However this will not block the review. ;-)
* spec file written in English and legible: OK
* compilation: TODO
- supports parallel build: OK
- RPM_OPT_FLAGS are correctly used: OK
- builds in koji for F13 and F12: OK
- uncommon configure flags: IMHO it shouldn't be necessary to add "--with-pic", since "--enable-dynamic" is the default anyway
- uncommon CFLAGS: auto*/libtool usually take care of compiling with the correct
parameters for shared libs
- For testing purposes I've removed "--with-pic" and the CFLAGS definition at all and according to the output during compilation the library is still compiled with the correct flags.
* BuildRequires: OK
* locales handling: OK (n/a)
* ldconfig in %post and %postun: OK
* package owns all directories that it creates: OK
* no files listed twice in %files: OK
* file permissions: OK
- %defattr used
- actual permissions in packages ok
* %clean section: OK
* macro usage: OK
* code vs. content: OK (only code)
* large documentation into subpackage: OK (n/a)
* header files in -devel subpackage: OK
* header files: TODO
- clutter-gesture.h includes "config.h" and there is no "config.h" in
- this means, it is not possible to include the public API
- possible solutions:
a) header file should not include "config.h"
b) use an conditional #include directive like
c) have a "config.h" in the include directory (this should not be done with the config.h generated by configure)
* static libraries in -static package: OK (n/a)
* package containing *.pc files must "Requires: pkgconfig": OK
* *.so link in -devel package: OK
* devel package requires base package using fully versioned dependency: OK
* packages must not contain *.la files: OK
* GUI applications must provide *.desktop file: OK (n/a)
* packages must not own files/dirs already owned by other packages: OK
* rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT at the beginning of %install: OK
* all filenames UTF-8: OK
* functional test: ?
How can I test this package? The tests in tests/ just crash if I try
to execute them...
* debuginfo sub-package: OK
nice to have:
- Package API documentation
- Let URL tag point to specific project page on moblin.org
- What would be a proper functional test?
- Add MIT to license tag
- Fix public header files
- Remove unusual %configure flags / CFLAGS
> - Let URL tag point to specific project page on moblin.org
> - Add MIT to license tag
> - Remove unusual %configure flags / CFLAGS
> - Package API documentation
> - Fix public header files
eom is the currently only supported test although there should be more support in Moblin 2.2
> - What would be a proper functional test?
Updated SRPM: http://pbrobinson.fedorapeople.org/clutter-gesture-0.0.2-2.fc12.src.rpm
Spec location as before.
Thank you very much for the update.
(In reply to comment #2)
> > - Let URL tag point to specific project page on moblin.org
> > - Add MIT to license tag
> > - Remove unusual %configure flags / CFLAGS
> Reported upstream.
> > - Package API documentation
> > - Fix public header files
I've reviewed the new package and besides the public header / pkgconfig issue it looks fine now.
Have you already heard something from upstream?
However, since it is possible to compile eom against clutter-gesture (and the test programs work), the header issue does not block the review.
The remaining minor non-blocking issues are:
1. Package API documentation
2. Fix public header files / pkgconfig
Please note, that /usr/lib/pkgconfig/clutter-gesture.pc also contains a placeholder which was not replaced by the configure script:
This must also be fixed.
Thanks for the review
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: clutter-gesture
Short Description: Gesture Library for Clutter
Built and in rawhide