In section 1.6.2 of the Satellite 5.3 Installation Guide as found on http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.3/Installation_Guide/html/s2-upgrades-rhnup.html
you can find this:
> There are two ways to obtain this RPM:
> 1. Ensure the satellite is registered to RHN and to the Red Hat Network
> Satellite Channel, then using yum to install the rhn-upgrade package with
> the following commmand:
> yum install rhn-upgrade
> 2. Download directly from this page after logging in.
There is no link to the page where you can download rhn-upgrade in point 2. Can you please either add that link or not talk about it?
Fixed in the latest upcoming (5.3.1) release of the Satellite Installation Guide.
Section rewritten to the following:
To install the rhn-upgrade package, ensure the satellite is registered to RHN and to the Red Hat Network Satellite Channel, then use yum to install the rhn-upgrade package with the following commmand:
yum install rhn-upgrade
Fails QA. Checked on:
there are two problems:
1) Only yum is referenced, we don't have the equivalent command for up2date:
so we should have a RHEL4 vs. RHEL5 case statement in there.
2) The original text from this bug description is in fact wrong, but just removing this way of getting it is also a bad omission. I think we need some new text that covers this case like:
1. Log into the RHN Hosted web interface at https://rhn.redhat.com/
2. Click on the 'Channels' tab.
3. Under 'Filter by Product Channel' select 'Red Hat Network Products'.
4. Select your *current* version of Satellite.
5. Select your Satellite server's architecture.
6. Press the 'Filter' button.
7. Expand the 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux' tree for your version of the base operating system.
8. Click on the link on the 'Red Hat Network Satellite' row under the 'Architecture' column.
9. Click on the 'Packages' tab.
10. In the 'Filter by Package' text box, type 'rhn-upgrade' and press the 'Go' button.
11. Click on the latest rhn-upgrade package release for the version of Satellite you are upgrading to.
12. Click on the 'Download Package' link.
13. Copy the package to the Satellite server.
14. On the Satellite server run 'rpm -Uvh rhn-upgrade-file.rpm'.
Thanks for the detailed feedback! I've incorporated both the RHEL 4 up2date command and the procedure for manually downloading and installing the package in the latest build on docs stage:
Again, thanks again for the contribution! Back to MODIFIED.
Fails QA. Two issues that are disjoint:
1) There is a typo of:
which should be:
which is a jha issue.
2) There is a formatting issue (likely in the conversion) which is a Justin issue. In http://documentation-stage.bne.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.3.1/html/Installation_Guide/s2-upgrades-rhnup.html:
rpm -Uvh rhn-upgrade-version.rpm
and in https://rlx-3-14.rhndev.redhat.com/rhn/help//satellite/en-US/s2-upgrades-rhnup.jsp:
rpm -Uvh rhn-upgrade-
Per Comment 7, marking this bug as verified. New bug opened as Bug 591259 - Typo and formatting fixes for 1.6.2. Satellite Upgrade Documentation Package (rhn-upgrade)
Release Pending. Checked on rlx-3-10.rhndev.redhat.com with:
5.4.1 Satellite books are now available on docs.redhat.com. Please raise a new bug for any issues.