Description of problem:
We have some raw sequences which contain multiple frames.
"display" from ImageMagick should able to show the single frames, one after the other, but since F-11 it seems to skip the last line, causing the subsequent frames to be displayed each one line up, i.e. the sequence is shifting upwards.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
display -size 720x480 -depth 8 seq.y
Go to subsequent frames by pressing space.
First frame is OK, second is one line up, third is two lines up and so on.
The frames should be displayed correctly.
ImageMagick from F-10 was working fine, this was version 220.127.116.11-2.
Trying something like "display -size 720x479 -depth 8 seq.y", i.e. one line less than the real picture height, results in correct displaying, but, obviously, with one line missing.
Before someone asks, the sequences we use are really 720x480.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Hello. Thank you for bugreport.
Please, try new version build - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=125384
If error still here, we continue investigation.
Hi, thanks for the quick answer.
Actually, in the meantime, I tried version 6.5.6 from upstream.
This version fixes partially the issue.
Now all *.gray files work fine, but *.y do not. Before, *.gray were faulty too.
Interesting enough, something like "display -size 720x576 -depth 8 gray:seq.y" works also fine.
Hope this helps.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Actually, in the meantime, I tried version 6.5.6 from upstream.
> This version fixes partially the issue.
I think it is only upstream issue and should be filled them. Please can you do that? Otherwise I should do it.
And additionally, please, can you attach example files on what I can reproduce error?
(In reply to comment #3)
> I think it is only upstream issue and should be filled them. Please can you do
> that? Otherwise I should do it.
I think so too, it is an upstream issue.
Well, I guess you've already an account on their bug report system, so, maybe, it would be easier if you do it.
If this is a problem, of course I can do it.
> And additionally, please, can you attach example files on what I can reproduce
Actually, one issue is that these files are quite huge, above 10MB.
I'll try to produce a file with only few frames, 3~4 should be OK to see the issue, and bzip2 it.
I need to know what's the limit for the attachments here, so I can check beforehand if it will fit or not.
Ok, I email to upstream.
I do not known about attachment limitation. I think you should just try.
Created attachment 363451 [details]
This is a luminance only file, 5 frames, 720x576 resolution, about 2Mb unzipped.
display -size 720x576 -depth 8 Mobile_and_Calendar.y
Press space to go to successive frames to notice the upwards shift of the picture.
In case of problems, please let me know.
I receive answer from upstream:
We can reproduce the problem and have a patch. It will be available in
ImageMagick 6.5.6-8 Beta and the Subversion trunk by sometime tomorrow.
So, close it as UPSTREAM.