Created attachment 369168 [details]
Begin network installation fedora 12 (beta)
Description of problem:
At network installation fedora 12 (beta) on the computer using PXE it is impossible to assign static ip-address. Ip-address reception only through DHCP is possible. And, if originally to select an option "Manual configuration" after error reception to use an option "Dynamic IP - configurationm (DHCP)" it is impossible - it is necessary to reboot the computer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Install DVD Fedora 12 (beta) for reception initrd.img, vmlinuz (from a directory .../images/pxeboot)
2. syslinux-3.75-4.fc12.i686.rpm (Fedora Development for i386) for reception pxelinux.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Begin network installation fedora 12 (beta) (see photo-1.JPG)
2. From customisations TCP/IP it is selected "Manual configuration" (see net-1.JPG)
3. Install parametres 192.168.1.26/24, the gateway - 192.168.1.254 (see net-2.JPG) press "Ok" (see net-3.JPG)
4. Switch Alt-F4 (see net-4.JPG)
5. Switch Alt-F1 (see net-5.JPG) - ERROR!
6. Switch Alt-F3 (see net-6.JPG)
It is impossible to continue OS installation further
DCHP- anf TFTP-servers work on computer:
1) OS - Fedora 7
2) Files for loading are on the patch:
3) List files:
initrd.img pxelinux.0 vmlinuz
4) List /tftpboot/linux/f12/i386/pxelinux.cfg:
5) cat /tftpboot/linux/f12/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default
ONERROR LOCALBOOT 0
Created attachment 369169 [details]
Created attachment 369171 [details]
Created attachment 369172 [details]
Created attachment 369173 [details]
Created attachment 369174 [details]
Created attachment 369175 [details]
Alex, in bug #537067 you got past "Manual configuration" step. Can you describe what did you do to success?
No, I have not solved a problem.
It is my small error. Certainly, it is necessary to select "Dynamic IP - configurationm (DHCP)"
On a screenshot to this item so all also is shown.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 12 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 12. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '12'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 12's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 12 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Static ipv4 network configuration should work in Fedora 14. If you still hit the problem in the release, feel free to reopen this bug.